Tuesday 28 October 2008

Fast-Tracks

Didn't blog last Friday as I was in meetings for most of the day. In the morning I went to an Enable project meeting. I gave them a short presentation about the DIVAS project and arranged to go out see them at Newcastle College in Nov.

Chris sent me the list of contacts for the awards we decided to target, as soon as I have an award from Health I'll contact them. One we looked at and rejected was a collaboration between the Oasis Christian Group and AMD, this week I was contacted by Jeremy Thompson from Oasis who I'm hoping to speak to next week, I think it may add an interesting aspect to the project.

I also had a meeting with the project director Jenny Yorke about what she envisaged the "fast-track" process to be. I've made some notes and I really need to go away and think about it properly before I ask the team to contribute and we decide the best way to tackle it. The scope is wider than I thought, though with the time scale of the project I think I may concentrate on certain aspects while hopefully building into the project room for expansion.

  • To build a body of knowledge based upon the positive outputs from validations and the outcomes of the models project. In the extraction of good practice from both to form new models perhaps?
  • Map outcomes of validations to elearning models would be a bonus not the whole picture.
  • Have to have named approaches
  • Detail about good practice elements e.g. protocols for response times (these have been done by sciences)
  • Far more detailed than the high level of the elearning models project.
  • Look at Teaching & Learning strategies, student support, - especially module handbooks, decisions made about using new technologies would be interesting area to look at - e.g. if we are using emerging technologies who makes decisions about their suitability, support etc
  • Learning Support are particularly interested in producing a generic module handbook
  • If someone does want to use blogs for example who decides what at validation?
  • Decide on which areas of validation to focus on.
Just a couple of things to think about! We have a steering group meeting on Nov 5th so it will be interesting to see what they think of the work we've done so far

No comments: