Tuesday 20 January 2009

Snail's pace but still moving!

Last week I showed the DIVAS presentation to people from Ashton and Burton Colleges as part of an Enable project meeting. They seemed interested so I've sent them invitations to the Validation Support Network (VSN)in NING. Interestingly this week we found out that not all the colleges can see the VSN site properly, at one of the SURF colleges no pictures were displayed.

Things are still moving, albeit slowly, I wish I could spend more time on the project but I suspect all people involved in projects wish that! I'm going to a Computing & Engineering faculty meeting to talk about the project next week. I have already sounded some of them out about the idea of auto-populated validation documents and they were very keen so it'll be interesting to speak to them. I'm changing the presentation to reflect the change of direction so I'll see how well it goes.

I also have a meeting next week with Fleur to talk about how exactly she wants the colleges to use the VSN to support the Enable project. It may mean somebody needs to do some training, it may mean talking to the colleges about how they let their staff use social networking software, it may mean trouble at' mill!

No comments: