Thursday 8 January 2009

Happy New Year!

Bit belated I know, but meant nonetheless.

Not as much to catch up on as time suggests what with the xmas break and all, but still we have progress. Things on the HIVE front are looking good. Sam and Sean have worked really hard and Hive has initial version of xcri installed , (it can't cope with attributes only elements so if we need to export as xcri we will need to work on this, this is the royal "we" of course!) They think it'll only be a matter of weeks until they can release a version to Chris and his colleagues in Quality to have a look at.

The meeting with the AMD academics didn't go ahead, in fact the response to my email asking for meetings with academics who are planning validations was very disappointing. I will try once more and if it still doesn't work I'll put plan B into action.

Plan C on the other hand has had a very good reception. Everybody I've spoken to about populating pre-formatted validation documents from Thesis thinks it is a brilliant idea. I suspect its because it isn't 1 persons' idea but an idea formulated over time by everyone. I've asked Ian Watts (he knows Thesis better than the rest of us)if he'll give us a hand and he has agreed so I think this is the way to go.

Christa is now in a position to start thinking about the models side of the project so things should start moving on this soon.

At the Jan meeting people seemed quite happy with what they need to be getting on with and I'm planning on meeting with individuals this month to make sure everyone has everything they need to get on with things.

New years resolution is to get back to writing the blog regularily so don't forget to come back!!!!

No comments: