Friday 26 September 2008

More Community of Practice

The Community of Practice "Validation Support Network" has gone from strength to strength. We now have over 50 members from a variety of faculties, schools and services. We held an online event yesterday where one of the project members, Chris, (who works in the Quality Improvement Service at the university,) was online between 2pm and 4pm to answer any questions about validation processes that staff had. We had an interesting discussion on contact hour for online courses and another about the sort of support the community could give each other. The event was slow but steady and we could see that we had more people online than contributed. I think we should repeat this session as more people get involved in the community.

I have been speaking to everyone who stands still long enough about the project. Yesterday I had a meeting with the dean of Law and mentioned the project, she sounded interested and I noticed she's joined the community.

Next week I am going to the SURF curriculum meeting on Thursday morning to give a 5 minute presentation on the project and in the afternoon I'm going to Lichfield to have a chat with Penny McCracken, who works for Foundation Degree Forward and has written the guidelines for their endorsement scheme for foundation degrees.

Hopefully I should have lots to blog about!

No comments: